Yaqeen Institute for Islamic Research is currently seeking suitable individuals for the positions listed below. If you are interested in working for Yaqeen please submit an application. Due to the volume of applicants, we will be unable to respond to each submission. If your application matches our requirements we will reach out to you for further discussions.
- Maintain a consistent visual identity across all videos.
- Strong animation and motion graphics skills.
- An eye for harmonic image compositions.
- Good feeling for rhythm and editing.
- Creating beautiful animations that flow well.
- Able to interpret creative direction in provided storyboards.
- Good knowledge of video formats, encoding.
- Basic knowledge of sound design is preferred.
- Knowledge of video production (gear selection, lighting, green screen, sound, shooting, and editing and implementing notes to create an engaging video asset) is a plus.
- Understand brand, brand standards and how to apply to video.
- Creating videos from supplied and/or self created graphics.
- Working with a wide range of media, including photography, illustration, animation and video footage.
- Managing the pace of the videos so they are easy to follow.
- Maintain an organized workflow and complete assignments quickly and efficiently.
- Demonstrate confidence and a collaborative attitude with all team members.
- Take creative direction and design critique well and adapt design elements when required.
- Love for creative text/typography animation.
- Collaborate with marketing and creative services team on designing and editing motion graphics content.
- Engage in every stage from the video creation process: concepting, scoping, storyboarding, production and post production.
- Ability to take files from Creative Director and adapt and prep them for animation.
- Ability to incorporate viewpoints and take feedback from multiple stakeholders.
- Collaborate with the Creative Director on storyboard concepts for video animation.
- Create templates for branding assets including logo animations, title cards, typography, text templates, subtitles, lower thirds.
- Create animations for short videos strategized for publication on social media.
- Produce conceptual animations (designs and final executions) that are engaging, unique, and reflect a cohesive brand aesthetic.
- Able to meet multiple deadlines, prioritize work, and keep projects moving forward.
- Generate ideas, inspire your teammates, give and receive feedback, and critique respectfully.
- Handle multiple projects at once and have attention to detail.
- Strong motion graphics portfolio with a minimum of 2 or more years of experience. Proven track record, showreel a must.
- University diploma or degree in Animation / Motion Graphics or similar.
- Animate graphics, characters, and text in After Effects.
- Deliver quality work while adhering to the production schedule and deadlines.
- Advanced knowledge in the Adobe Creative Cloud package particularly
- Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects & Premiere Pro.
- Advanced technical skill in video production, editing & motion graphics.
- Self-starter with the ability to work well independently, and collaborate well with creative direction.
- Avid consumer of video trends on Instagram, Youtube, Twitter, Reddit, Facebook etc.
- Excellent understanding of typography, detail-oriented and able to maintain brand consistencies.
- Adaptable to work independently, set and prioritize projects to meet deadlines in a fast paced environment.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills and work well with others and as part of a team.
- Must be able to visualize, analyze, and organize Islamic academic research through working knowledge of the basic beliefs, values, and practices of Islam.
Reporting to the Curriculum Director, the lesson plan developer will work alongside other team members to brainstorm and create learning activities for high school students based on the director’s proposed narrative, Yaqeen content, and other recommended sources. Please review our published curriculum units for a sense of our expected quality, organization, and depth.
- Meet and collaborate with the curriculum team to produce and revise lesson plan drafts for each unit
- Identify essential content and/or potential gaps in knowledge
- Formulate and ensure alignment of learning objectives, instructional strategies, and formative and summative assessments
- Present updates to the team for discussion and approval
- Regularly attend briefs and group meetings where appropriate
- Provide recommendations, modifications, and edits to the curriculum
- Other duties as assigned
- Knowledge of the classical Islamic disciplines (e.g. uṣūl al-dīn, uṣul al-fiqh, ʿilm al-ḥadīth, etc.)
- Knowledge of the major discourses in the field of Islamic Studies as developed primarily by Western academia
- Minimum education required: bachelor’s degree in related disciplines and formal training in Islamic studies
- Minimum 2 years high-school teaching experience
- Demonstrate the ability to critique and discuss his/her own work and the work of others in a constructive manner
- Demonstrate an aptitude to present concepts and work
- Must be able to analyze and organize Islamic academic research through working knowledge of the beliefs, values, and practices of Islam
- Effective writing skills
- Creativity — able to think of new ways to engage students